NAVAL ARCHITECT - CALIFORNIA, USA
Stainless Steel is looking for a highly skilled naval architect or naval engineer.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- The position can be split or combined as a commercial engineer and/or naval architect.
- You act as the bridge between sales, product development, and production. Together with the sales team and product developers, you will comply vessel design, concepts, specifications, and offers to customers of various kinds, including public tenders.
- You will have a key role in the engineering team, compiling extensive and large-scale detailed solutions, and partly responsible for vessel design. You will outline the project and plan the efforts related to vessel development together with the production and project team.
- This role is deeply involved in the development of each vessel when projects are launched.
- Documentation parallel to your work is an essential part of your daily operations and progress.
- To excel in your role, you are expected to travel to production sites and various locations to meet with potential customers.
- Your work will be, as you should be familiar with, guided by regulatory frameworks and standards to some extent.
- You should be comfortable with an iterative design- and development process.
- You are required to provide feedback to the design team to ensure product optimization.
- You will be a part of a project-oriented team focusing on product development of the finest marine vessels, scheduled for production in 2021.
- You will report to the head of product development and work closely with the sales team.
- It is expected to endure flexible hours and circumstances.
- The office is based in Newport Beach, CA, with availability for remote work. With team members in Sweden, virtual communication with the Swedish team is required.
- This role might involve project management.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE:
- Master's degree in naval architecture or naval engineering.
- Experience in some areas of ship design, preferably fast vessels.
- Preferred experience with marine vessel production.
- Communicates well by compiling text and specification writing is something you perform on a daily basis.
- Takes great responsibility in the end-to-end product chain.
- Excited to engage in a wide range of challenges with confidence and enthusiasm.
- Optimistic mindset, striving towards our common company goal to deliver world-leading products.
- Familiar with guided regulatory frameworks and standards.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and growing business.
- May or may not be required a security clearance.
Submit your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.